Simtex™ uses a special formulation of specially selected synthetic fibres, prepared in a unique way, oriented circumferentially to coincide with the direction of material to be calendered. This approach ensures maximum ‘forged’ strength and smoothness.
One of the many advantages of using Simtex™ is that it is able to withstand 250c+ maximum surface temperature with a maximum temperature of the steel roll at 400°C+.
Physical Properties of SimtexTM
- 100mm+ usable diameter
- Surface temperature resistance 250c+
- Regrind interval up to 1000 hours
- No loss in gloss & smoothness compared to a cotton roll – fully elastic nip
- Shore D range 70-90
- Greater depth of material
- No special steel shell required – the original bowl shafts can be used.
- Longer life
- Minimal marking
- Minimal damage from selvedge